Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ei8ht

Enter Hulles, singing: “...it's good enough for me / It was good enough for that one guy / It was good enough for that one guy....”

I've been rereading the previous entry, looking for white cat hair on the black tuxedo as it were (“Jeez, that's funny! Wonder what I meant.”), and I keep getting the creepiest feeling:

“What if that whole egodeath thing was an elaborate parody that I didn't get and now I look even stupider than normal? That couldn't have been a seriously-created site. Look at the disclaimer, that has to be a joke. And that title? I couldn't have created a better title as an example of pomposity if you put a wooden spoon to my head. It has to be a joke.”

It could be a parody. It could be. I confess I didn't read every article in the table of contents; I didn't even read the one that had Short Path info on it that closely, once I saw how it was written. So maybe I missed it. Maybe, God forbid, I didn't get it. This is my worst fear, even worse than my secret fear that someone is going to read the part about the rats in 1984 to me over and over until I finally promise to quit blogging.

If you're up for it, take a look at the site and let me know. I can take it. Tell me that National Lampoon hired about six desperately poor English majors to labor for two years to create the site as a hoax. Tell me that everyone else everywhere knows that this site is a parody except me.

If it isn't a parody, somebody call Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt – we have a chance to nip this one in the bud.

-- Hulles

No comments: