A couple days ago, I got tired of sitting around listening to my life suck, so I sought out some random blogs with which to amuse myself. I ran across a blog named “Eternal Bachelor” by a Brit calling himself “Duncan Idaho”. This web log is basically a staunchly anti-feminist rant. I wouldn’t bother following the link, if I were you; I include it only to give credit (or debit, in this case) where due. I’ve been a feminist for years and I’m proud of it. I’ve embraced the cause since the much-maligned 70’s, when it was actually a controversial issue. And some of my best friends are…. So I dismissed the content of “Eternal Bachelor” without a second thought. However, the eerie part of reading a bit of it was that it brought to mind a posting by
Where was I? Oh yeah,
- I am passionate about ballet (see Dance).
- I have female friends that I don’t secretly want to sleep with.(Okay, one.)
- I get manicures when I have the bucks.
- I like to treat women as equals, particularly romantic partners.
- I occasionally listen to Sarah MacLachlan.
- I own a pair of nicely-made Italian loafers.
- I enjoy shopping for clothes with women.
So apparently I need to do some more changing to meet women’s expectations. Sigh.
And of course, this is the point. I would claim that what
Having said that, in the interest of making the American man’s blood a darker shade of crimson, the next time I am tempted to hold the door for a woman, I am instead going to slam it in her face and growl “…And that’s from Midwest!” After which I break down sobbing and give her my non-fat, sugar-free venti Vanilla latte.
 Perhaps wrongly; I only read a small part of it. Maybe the guy’s less of a zealot than he seems. I didn’t bother to find out.