Friday, April 20, 2007

Lucille Gets Yet Another Makeover

Alas, once again Lucille II, my redoubtable laptop, is indisposed while she's getting refurbished with a new operating system upgrade (Ubuntu LInux Feisty Fawn, if you're curious). As a result, there may be another shortage of posts for a day or two as I struggle to achieve online accessibiltiy. Sorry.

In the meantime, however, I've been working on a project that I think you will like. It's a little longer story than I've attempted to date, but I'm having a great time with it and it should be funny and disturbing and all those other things you guys say about what I write. The story is called (so far) "The Other Keys," and is based upon a wonderful picture my exquisite friend Marie created at Visual Snark. I owe her big time, and I'm trying to make the story be worthy of her excellent image. It's really a fun story to write, though, and I'm having a great time with it. Much cackling and whooping and rubbing of hands.

I also plan on updating the Mythos while I'm forced to be offline. Lots to do there, and many p.r. names to add.

Wish me luck on the upgrade. I am wildly optimistic that I won't have to screw around with my wireless card this time. I also believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, if you're wondering.

-- Hulles

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read it :-)

Now I'm off to find out what the "Mythos" (unless you're going through a Blake period, but I doubt that).

La Espia T. said...

Good luck! Can't wait to read it!

Heather Harper said...

May Lucille have all her parts intact when she returns to you. And I can't wait to read what you've been working on. :)

Casti said...

Hulles, passei para lhe desejar uma boa e criativa semana!!! Estarei no aguardo as novas aventuras de Hulles, certamente com o dicionário do lado...

Bjão
Casti

cK said...

You picked a fine time to upgrade Lucille...
-Blue

Anonymous said...

ck -- hah...kenny rogers' references, are you trying to serve as a catalyst for my eventual aneurysm?

i'm blue, too, and i agree with you -- it'd help if we had our hulles around providing a steady supply of endorphins and serotonin with his wit

H said...

Good luck on the upgrade. Hopefully Lucille II won't be as bitchy as Phoebe was yesterday.

Lollie said...

Three days! I'm starving! Hoooles...where are yooooou?

Hulles said...

Thanks everybody for hanging in there. Big doings for Lucille -- she went into cardiac arrest on the operating table but she's all better now.

Snarkette, the Mythos in the sidebar is where I try to keep a reference of all the shit I've talked about. More or less. I still need to add you and assorted others (I am so far only adding people I mention in posts proper). XO.

Casti, é bom estar para trás. Mantenha seu dicionário pronto... Bjão tambem!

I missed all of you lots. Now on to actually writing something! XOXO.

Hulles said...

And Lollie, I love your pink bloomers.